10 Simple Tips to Create Healthy Habits
You may have new motivation to lose weight, eat better, or improve your overall health. Resolutions can be successful, if you pay attention to your habits and you’re open to change. Keep in mind that you can succeed with hard work.Try these 10 tips to create healthy habits and reach your goal.
1. Create your goal. What is your goal? Make it a reasonable goal. Dropping 30 pounds in a month may not be reasonable goal, but 5 to 10 pounds might be.
2. Be specific. How many pounds would you like to lose? What part of your body would you like to see toned? Is there a certain date or event you would like to reach your goal by? Figure out what you want and write it down.
3. List each step needed to achieve your goal. For example: workout four days a week, eat more vegetables, add strength training to your workouts.
4. Write down why you would like to achieve this goal. Why is this important to you?
5. Write down your goals. Put your commitment in ink. Permanently promise yourself that this goal comes first.
6. Place your goal where you can see it. Place it on the refrigerator, in your car, or on the bathroom mirror so you can see your goal every day.
7. Mark your calendar. Write in the times and dates you will complete each workout. If you put it in your schedule, you’re more likely to commit and make it a routine.
8. Stay positive. For each day you complete a workout, draw a star on your calendar. Or better yet, get yourself some gold stickers. You did a great job, so mark it down.
9. Read and reread. Continue to read your goal and steps each day to make sure you’re on track.
10. Congratulate yourself along the way. For example, you lost 10 pounds in 30 days, reward yourself with a massage.
It’s not easy creating a healthy lifestyle, but with these easy to follow steps you can make life long healthy habits.